Chicken not coming down to eat, what could be the problem? Help wanted!!

MedusaSnake

Chirping
Feb 2, 2022
hello BYC! One of my girls hasn’t been feeling well for about a week now. She are and came down from the coop yesterday and the day before but now she won’t come down to eat or drink. I saw that she had some mites and I sprayed her in the morning but I’m not sure if the mites are causing her symptoms. She still happily and some cooked egg yolk this morning but won’t move.

She is an old girl, around 7 or 8, and I’m wondering if these are signs due to age or something else is going on. I noticed that the last 2 days hse struggled to get up the coop for the night. We have a ladder leading to ours that she used to climb up in but now she is having trouble going up it. Specifically she kept falling off the step.

Other signs of include more watery yellow poop, puffed up feathers, droopy wings, and increased sleepiness. Any help is appreciated.

she shares crumble feed with her flock mates and gets fresh veggies once a week with treats being scratch feed and bread not given too often.

For mites I’ve used the spray that I found always worked
image.jpg

oh yes I forgot to mention that she is let out sometimes with the others to go dust bathe and forage. The other two birds are definitely more faster and active than her however, but they are only a few years old.

Is she laying at all? What type of feed? Can you get permethrine where you are?
no she has not laid in a while, I believe her last egg was months ago.

Here’s our feed, she in particular likes it mixed with water
IMG_3710.png

And by permethrine then this is available to me yes
IMG_3709.png

no she has not laid in a while, I believe her last egg was months ago.

Here’s our feed, she in particular likes it mixed with water
View attachment 3693523
And by permethrine then this is available to me yes
View attachment 3693525
Ok, I would change the feed since that brand is a rip off for mediorcre nutrition, but that is likely not her problem.
I'd skip the acv and use the vitamins when you get them, but at that age, it could be any thing.

Update: She went down to eat today, but still looks a little lethargic, her favorites are veggies and water mixed with pellets

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    642.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom