Chicken not eating well

the beginner

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 29, 2016
Hi everyone a few weeks ago I went to the vet.They gave us probitoics because she had breathing issues. She been fine till now today she has not be eating well normally she eats alot and fast but today she beraly eating infact i sit nextto the food and she jump on my lap and started to cuddle. This is not normal....also when she ate some grass she made a noise like something bit her and ran off as well as when she had her first bite of the feed she ran away.. she has not layed yet she is A MIX OF BANTAM and serama please help

Hi everyone a few weeks ago I went to the vet.They gave us probitoics because she had breathing issues. She been fine till now today she has not be eating well normally she eats alot and fast but today she beraly eating infact i sit nextto the food and she jump on my lap and started to cuddle. This is not normal....also when she ate some grass she made a noise like something bit her and ran off as well as when she had her first bite of the feed she ran away.. she has not layed yet she is A MIX OF BANTAM and serama please help
What was the name of the Probiotic - how did it help her breathing issue?
Did she have a respiratory illness?

How old is she?
Does she have a source of grit?
What type of food/treats do you normally feed?

If she continues not to eat, then you may want to separate her so you can monitor her. If you can take her back to the vet that may be best.
Feel her crop at night, when she goes to roost, see if it is full, then check it first thing in the morning before eating/drinking, it should be empty or flat. If her crop is still full in the morning, then she may be having a crop problem.

Keep us posted.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/06/chicken-anatomy-crop-impacted-crop-sour.html

she seems better doont wory but she eats mealworms i will try again tommrow there is no grit we feed it

Back
Top Bottom