Chicken or Duck?

What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Pics
@Ravynscroft yes, actually, I did get them from her. I love the silkies I got, and I had a very good hatch rate for eggs that had been shipped all the way across the country! My post office also messed up, so I got them two days later than I should've. So I was already really happy with what I ordered and then I got this fun surprise!

Hey, I got my boys from Ruby :) If this egg does turn out to be a Call, we'll have duck siblings, lol.

@Ravynscroft yes, actually, I did get them from her. I love the silkies I got, and I had a very good hatch rate for eggs that had been shipped all the way across the country! My post office also messed up, so I got them two days later than I should've. So I was already really happy with what I ordered and then I got this fun surprise!

Awesome! :thumbsup

She actually got her first Calls from me, lol... and I *have* mixed up eggs before, just ask @DwayneNLiz I sent her some of my greener looking Call eggs and she got an early surprise, a Silkie mix I have lays green tinted eggs and has free roam... she laid some eggs in the Call pen and she hatched 2 Silkie mixes with her Calls, lol!

But from your pic, I still think that is a Silkie egg though... shipping damages and/or delay can cause stunted or malformed development... it *may or may not* hatch... *if* it doesn't hatch, will you open it to verify what it is?

Yes, if it doesn't hatch I am planning on opening it up to see what happened. I'll probably open it up on day 29 if there isn't any sign of movement, just in case this guy is a late hatcher.

It's also possible, like @Ravynscroft said, that this guy is just a silkie that didn't hatch, since shipping can mess things up. After all, this one was shipped all the way from New York to Arizona, so this guy had a long way to travel. All of the siblings hatched on day 20 and day 21, with very little issues. There was one that just barely missed the air cell when he pipped, and ruptured a vein, but with a little help he hatched fine and is running around the brooder as we speak!

Lol I know everyone loves pics on here. I got three black, one white, and a silver partridge from her. There's some seramas in the photos as well, those are from my own flock.
IMG_20171215_112750684_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171215_112655366_HDR.jpg
1513369476639-568937432.jpg

:lol: yep! I think calls are supposed to be especially noisy, but I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out if it turns into a duck

They are the loudest duck when the girls 'sound off' or alert call, but honestly the standard sized ducks are noisier 'talkers' throughout the day from my experinece... :)

Back
Top Bottom