Chicken owner charged after shooting dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Ed, you should not have a dog.
You should have a couple! Maybe nice big great pyranees or german shepherds or... well, the list is endless.
big_smile.png

If you go before a jury you never really know what a jury will do, even if you are 100% right. There may be a lot of Mr. Gapps on the jury. I would be really careful about taking this back to court. If Ed chooses to do so I would support him 100% but you don't know what the police might say if called etc. (I wish there was a nail biting smiley)

Did Ed get pictures of his injured birds or his damaged chicken/turkey run?

horsejody do you think Ed could win hands down? (you being the best legal adviser I know)

Last edited:
Quote:
Exactly why SSS sounds more and more reasonable all the time. At first I really thought it was over the top- kill a dog if you HAVE to, but the owners should be told. Now I see from lots of OTHER people's experience that those who are irresponsible enough to let their dogs wreck havock are too irresponsible to deal with the consequences.

Trying to get the NRA involved might be a good thing, too. Or at least see if they are interested. They are way into protecting property and rights and I would think this situation would be just the thing. Especially since Ed didn't break any laws, was given poor info by the police department and then totally bogusly arrested.

Quote:
Small claims would be the best bet. No jury, no lawyers.

May be hard to win, if Ed took a plea bargin. and could lose even more. Taken a plea bargin is amitting guilt.

Now depend on how the charges were drop, sound like the citation stand for a year. Not sure which one firearm, or killing the dog.

Ed got the bad end. Yes SSS , SSS, SSS.

Last edited:
This is only one grandma's opinion. I cried when I read your statement. Having gone through the trauma of having a hateful neighbor (for no reason except insanity) who wanted to kill all my birds, who threatened me, who harassed me on end, who shot at my house and wound up with a restraining order against him.... I say this: I would gather up all the good people here, make a worthwhile statement with all the facts, have all of us sign it (I would be willing to be the first), and post it public to the newspaper, to your local TV station (as a public service of course), to Animal Planet, to the world. Irresponsible pet owners get on your knees because we are not going to take this laying down. I have no extra cash to give you, but I will give up some grocery money to send something along with all the others who may be willing, just so you could accomplish such a mission.

For the record, in my case, I presented a case to my City, without the help of a professional, and although it took a bit more than a year, my City actually HEARD me and changed the ordinance in my favor. The nasty creepy neighbor is gone, and I can now live in peace.

I encourage you to do whatever it takes to make things right, even if the thrust is not against Mr. Gapp himself.

Many hugs from a chicken mom in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom