1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Plucker

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RWD, Jul 20, 2011.

1. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    Chicken plucker with 15 commercial fingers. Runs off of 1/2'' drill motor. 10'' wide for better removal of feathers on large chickens. Will pluck large chicken in 90 seconds. See other pics on my BYC page. This has the most bang for your plucking buck.............
    AMERICAN MADE right here on the farm - https://www.facebook.com/Heritage.Ways.Farm

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I really like this idea, but, how do you stabilize the chicken or drill, or both so that your fingers don't get taken off with the feathers?? Do you have any pics you could post of how you do this? Thanks!

3. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    There are several videos on youtube that show simular pluckers. You have to block the drill on both side and clamp it down on top. The drill needs to turn at a medium speed, not full speed. The fingers suprisingly do not hurt if you get too close, but you hold the bird by their feet and lean it into the side of the plucker slowly to begin. Then you do it in different positions and hold the wing out to pluck the entire body. Look on youtube the videos are a great help even in how to butcher.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Its really very easy to use..we made a smaller one..too small:( but great deal on this plucker... [​IMG]

5. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Thanks, that makes more sense now. I can't do YouTube, I only have dial-up [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by