Chicken running wild in small town found a new home.

I guess her name is Fidget... my husband picked it out.
We built her a new, temporary home until her quarentine is over.
20170523_100254.jpg

It's made from an old washing machine frame, wood and hardware cloth. The top half of the back folds down so we can get inside.
20170523_100329.jpg
Still haven't gotten the perch quite right yet. She wants to perch on the edge of the nest box and ends up tipping both it and her food over.
We're still tweaking it, but it gives her a place out of the rain and sun, where she can lay and scratch in the grass. She's pretty far away from the others (hopefully far enough for successful quarentine), but I think she can still see them.
20170523_115629.jpg

Fidget update:
Here she is in her quarantine box getting to know everyone. This was about a month ago... I kept her away from everyone else for about 6-8 weeks before moving the quarantine box into the run.
20170719_122002.jpg

Here she is in her "saddle". She already had some bald patches on her back and sides from where ever she came from (possibly a breeding pen, based on the location of the bald patches...) I noticed after she had been loose with the others for a while, that she had some scratches on those bare patches from my rooster. After the initial shock of suddenly having a strange, pink superhero cape she seems fine with it.
20170809_183247.jpg

I was worried at first about the others picking on her since she's the new girl, but she's actually a little bit bossy... Here she is giving the stink eye to the hen trying to get at the corn cob.

Back
Top Bottom