Search online for county fairs near you, then search (fair name) entry information. You should find something like an online entry form. Testing varies state to state.
Good advice.
Different venues have vastly different requirements and judging levels.
Some shows are more about handling the bird than any SOP breed conformation.
Small fair shows may win you a 'best of breed' because yours is the only one of that breed.

I got all of them from the website My Pet Chicken. I've had a wonderful experience with them thus far. Here's the link if you're interested: https://www.mypetchicken.com/default.aspx?f=logo

I have more than enough in my flock right now! LOL Plus I'm starting to concentrate on araucana... Which can't be purchased from a hatchery.
I only asked to ascertain the quality of your chickens... I.E. how close to breed standard they were.

I have more than enough in my flock right now! LOL Plus I'm starting to concentrate on araucana... Which can't be purchased from a hatchery.
I only asked to ascertain the quality of your chickens... I.E. how close to breed standard they were.
Oh that's so cool! I always go on that website and then end up with at least 5 breeds in my basket that I'm interested in :) Are the My Pet Chicken breeds pretty close to breed standard?

Back
Top Bottom