Chicken sneezing, nose crusty, help!

not jumping to conclusions but u might have CRD!!! the birds that have it will all be carriers for life and there is no cure:( but u can get treatment but it will only temporarily stop it. the birds that have it will allways be carriers as i said. If there is any other birds in with them that dont have this keep them in with the iffected ones do not take them out and put into another house with other chickens they may have it aswell they mightnt show symptoms but you may have to wait a few weeks to check if they have the symptoms.

it doesnt affect the birds eating or interaction with the other birds and it wont kill them.
but if you dont want your flock to all get it cull the ones that have it(im sorry to have to say that)
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

good luck

I'm not killing my $40 birds, that's stupid.
I don't show, breed, or anything like that. They are pets. When your dog gets kennel cough, you don't cut it's head off, you'd go to jail for it too.

I know all of what you said and found out I need Tylan 50.
Where do I buy it?
How much do I give, they are bantams?
How often do I give it?
Where do I inject it, pic helpful, they are thin birds.

They are all very active and super friendly.

Pain yogurt, will greek plain work or should it be the more common american kind? I personally think greek kind tastes awful, lol.

Hope its just a lil cold. Maybe pull the sick ones and keep them seperate. Might go to the feed store for some help with meds. Tell them whats going on and they will have something for them. Good luck!
smile.png
I have had to give them tylan injectable when we had it here.
Quote:

I agree - not a cull first fan....but I did not go for Tylan50 first because I don't know how to inject on chickens
hu.gif
, I did Duramycin powder that you add to their water which was very easy...I know you can find Tylan online - amazon.com sells it I think
Good luck
yippiechickie.gif

For Chickens: Duramycin-10

Recommended Dosage Level

Control of chronic respiratory disease (CRD air sac disease) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Escherichia coli, infectious synovitis caused by Mycoplasma synoviae susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.

CRD AIR SAC DISEASE: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of 400-800 mg tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon per day.

INFECTIOUS SYNOVITIS: Use soluble powder in the drinking water at a drug level of 200-400 mg tetracycline hydrochloride per gallon per day. (Administer for 7-14 days).

How do I measure 400-800 MG?

I also got 3 tiny chicks, none are sneezing, but there were acting lazy when I put them in the bathroom. Had to find a small laundry bin so they would be warmer and more active.

The older Silkies are so much sweeter than my evil Japs. They follow me and went nuts for treats. I hope it's just from being cooped up and dust.

Does Farm & Home Center sell the powder?

Back
Top Bottom