Chicken "Stroke"

allcritterssitting

Hatching
8 Years
May 17, 2011
Hi Everyone! Happy Easter if you celebrate it. I would first like to thank you all for the wonderful information you provide. I don't post often, but I read the forums alot! I have had a problem with a couple of chickens and I was wondering if y'all had experienced anything like it. First I had an older mix Roo who had what seemed to be a stroke or neurological problem of some kind. He had a few seizures and could not stand for a few days. We got him through it by hand feeding him and giving him water with an eye dropper. After about a week, he was almost back to 100%. Last week one of our old hens had the same problem. She is not responding as fast as the Roo, But she is a few years older. He is about 6 years and she is 8. We've been keeping chickens for 8 years nos and this is the first time we have seen this. Any info, you can give would be helpful. Thanks!
smile.png

Based on age, I would say you are not collecting eggs like you once did. I would say they are past their prime. I'm sorry to say, but chickens should be treated like dogs/cats. At some point, they need to be put down. I have chickens I eat and I have some are pets that I have kept for years too. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom