chicken walking on tippy toes

jengrinager

Chirping
Sep 22, 2016
I have a large Dark Brahma who has been walking as if her feet have arthritis. She does seek out food and water regularly. She is very tall and tends to sit down to eat or drink. Her claws have gotten long so I had them trimmed and one of the back ones that was hidden by all the feathers on her feet was curled in. We have trimmed it and I thought maybe this would resolve it. She is still walking on her tippy toes and acts like her feet hurt. She has no sores, no swelling, her scales look fine. Anyone have experience with this or know what to do?

It could well be arthritis. Could you post a picture of her legs and feet, just in case? Look at her footpads for any scabs or cuts. Your vet might prescribe some meloxicam for pain, or you could give 1/2 of a low dose 81mg aspirin twice a day for 2-3 days.

I have a large Dark Brahma who has been walking as if her feet have arthritis. She does seek out food and water regularly. She is very tall and tends to sit down to eat or drink. Her claws have gotten long so I had them trimmed and one of the back ones that was hidden by all the feathers on her feet was curled in. We have trimmed it and I thought maybe this would resolve it. She is still walking on her tippy toes and acts like her feet hurt. She has no sores, no swelling, her scales look fine. Anyone have experience with this or know what to do?
I have the same issue. Did you ever find out what it was?

Back
Top Bottom