Chicken Wheelchair Needed for Paralyzed Hen

Awooten

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2019
I have a 4 year old paralyzed hen and am looking for a chicken wheelchair. Her legs have been partially paralyzed for about 4 months but she is eating, drinking, and pooping normally...and otherwise in good spirits. She cannot sit or stand. Does anyone have a used chair to sell? Any advice on therapy for my hen? I don't think she had Marek's and suspect botulism. I rigged a t-shirt sling for her and she seems to like it, but I need something that is more durable.

Attachments

• 20191230_153238 (2).jpg
    20191230_153238 (2).jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 94
If she is paralyzed, would she be able to move a wheelchair?

If she is paralyzed, would she be able to move a wheelchair?
She can move her legs enough to scoot on her side but cannot sit or stand on them. I think she may be able to move a wheelchair. At a minimum, it would keep her upright and give her some good therapy.

Last edited:
Here is a Chicken Wheelchair site:
https://chickentherapychairs.weebly.com/
Perhaps you can get a wheelchair from there. If all else fails, you can use the design and build your own. I've never heard of chicken wheelchairs until I saw this post. It make me wish I knew about them a few years back when I had this cockerel named Kai. One of his legs was crippled since birth.
Hope that helps, and that your hen does better. I'm glad to hear that she will be able to use one.

Here is a Chicken Wheelchair site:
https://chickentherapychairs.weebly.com/
Perhaps you can get a wheelchair from there. If all else fails, you can use the design and build your own. I've never heard of chicken wheelchairs until I saw this post. It make me wish I knew about them a few years back when I had this cockerel named Kai. One of his legs was crippled since birth.
Hope that helps, and that your hen does better. I'm glad to hear that she will be able to use one.
Thanks! I found a YouTube video on how to make a wheelchair but I don't have the time right now. I have had ducks and chickens with leg injuries over the years and the wheelchair would certainly be helpful for therapy and recovery!

:welcomeGood luck with your hen! I think a wheelchair would be great for her. Pvc should work and the wheels look like they are from those plastic roll around drawer sets that wally world sells,so they would be easy to get. Sew a seat and she's good to go! Best of luck to ya and your lucky hen.:love

Back
Top Bottom