Audreyschickens

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2018
Hi there. I really hope someone can help me. My chicken has these black dots around her eyes and some blood around her neck also (I’ll insert a picture). She is the head of the pecking order so it would be weird, but I guess possible for her to be attacked. She is acting normal and eating and drinking. Any ideas on what it could be?

Hi there. I really hope someone can help me. My chicken has these black dots around her eyes and some blood around her neck also (I’ll insert a picture). She is the head of the pecking order so it would be weird, but I guess possible for her to be attacked. She is acting normal and eating and drinking. Any ideas on what it could be?
Welcome to BYC! Could it be fleas?
flea_2016-10-01_Chicken_has_Echidnophaga_gallinacea.jpg
fleapic-1170x770.jpg

The promised photo would be a big help.

Barring any pathogenic reason for the blemishes on her face, I am guessing she has a rival for her position in the flock. That would be pretty much a normal occurrence that would probably not be noticed at the time since these challenges can start up and conclude in mere seconds.

Most of the time, the only evidence rank challenging by flock members you can see would be tiny pecking marks on comb, wattles, and face. Many in my flock bear these marks, and I almost never get to witness the squabbles since they are over with so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom