Chicken with foot problem

Wwhite

In the Brooder
May 20, 2018
Tennessee
Hello everyone,
My husband and I are new to owning chickens. We have one chicken that has a foot problem and I can't seem to pinpoint what the condition is and how to treat it. Only one foot is affected and seems to have hard clumps all on the bottom. I've tried soaking it and can't get much to loosen up. She's limping on it and won't use it much. Some of the clumps send to be hardened soil but some of it seems like a calluses. Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 40550.jpeg
    40550.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 30
Welcome! :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
Looks like dirt...do the toes stay curled? I zoomed in...hmm..not sure but he could have a mites
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

Looks like dirt...do the toes stay curled? I zoomed in...hmm..not sure but he could have a mites

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!
Thank you! I will definitely check that out. No, her foot doesn't stay curled. I think she was trying to grab a hold of something and was getting fussy. Should I try to cut it away? I'm afraid of going too deep and it's hard as a rock. How would I be able to tell if she has an infection?

Back
Top Bottom