Chicken with foot problem

Update: we've been applying the spray vegetable oil since Monday once a day. We are trying to get her to soak her foot for at least 20 minutes each day and see if anything is softening up. She hates it and tries to run away. The black areas are super hard and seem like built up dead skin. It looks like it wants to lift away but I'm not forcing it. So I'm hoping that maybe this is mites... but it there's not improvement by Saturday then I'm guessing it's not. She's still limping and laying down alot.
I think you might be stressing the poor thing out more then you need to.
I would just use the spray and stop the stressful soaks.

Been spraying oil on her foot the last 2 days with no soaks. Checked her today and let her soak a few minutes to clean her foot off. All the black areas in the pads and toes seem to be "shriveling" up and drying out more...not sure if that's a good thing? The edges of the areas seem to be lifting away, I didn't want to force them off. She also seemed more active and is sitting on the outside perch more often... still has a limp. Does it sound like the treatment is working?

Been spraying oil on her foot the last 2 days with no soaks. Checked her today and let her soak a few minutes to clean her foot off. All the black areas in the pads and toes seem to be "shriveling" up and drying out more...not sure if that's a good thing? The edges of the areas seem to be lifting away, I didn't want to force them off. She also seemed more active and is sitting on the outside perch more often... still has a limp. Does it sound like the treatment is working?
Sounds like it is to me.

Well my Husband took the pictures and they aren't that great.

Attachments

• 20180525_182515.jpg
    20180525_182515.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180525_182505.jpg
    20180525_182505.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom