Chicken with red eyes

Bailey1224

Hatching
Jul 30, 2022
So I have a rooster that all of the sudden is laying down has dark red eyes and it’s comb is also a dark red almost purple. I have looked up what could possibly be wrong with it but nothing really helpful has come up. I do know that the comb being that color is lack of oxygen circulation or something like that so I don’t know if it’s a respiratory problem or what.

Could you post a picture of the comb and eyes? Does he have any bubbles or foam in either eye, or swelling of the lids or face? How old is he? Is he drinking enough water, or could he have been prevented from drinking by others, or been too tired to get much?

So I have a rooster that all of the sudden is laying down has dark red eyes and it’s comb is also a dark red almost purple. I have looked up what could possibly be wrong with it but nothing really helpful has come up. I do know that the comb being that color is lack of oxygen circulation or something like that so I don’t know if it’s a respiratory problem or what.
Did you or any of your neighbours put out some rat or mice poison lately?

If so, he might have ingested some and Vitamin K would be the way to stop the internal bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom