Chickens and dogs pics!

tommboy1973

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 8, 2010
Hidden Valley, AZ
I have read lots of posts on here about people that have had trouble with their dogs bothering or even *gasp* killing the chicks. I wanted to post some pics of my wonderful Rotts with the chickens. Not only do they not bother them, but my male will even defend them. When the female will still new, she had chased them a few times and boy did Sid get on her case. He would growl, grab her by the neck, and herd her away from the chickens. She quickly got the message. Sid was 3 years old when I got the chickens, and Dolche was 2 1/2 when I got her, so neither dog grew up with them.

Sid trying to ignore the chickens. They eventually came up and were practically sitting on his legs, so he got up and moved. We know who rules the roost here!

Out sharing snack time!!

Dolche checking to make sure none of the girls are nibbling her tail!

Dolche was in the coop eating poop again, yuk!

Last edited:
That's awesome rotties are great dogs. I looked out the back door one day to see something sticking out of the mouth of my rottweiler. I went out to investigate and it was the head of the neighbors chicken just sticking out looking around. So I opened her mouth and took it out and the bird was fine not a scratch on it just really wet.

Quote:
th.gif

I love these dogs.

our nonsense LOVES our chickens. She runs around the yard with them and alerts us if anything is wrong. She absolutely LOVES new babies! She sits by their box and watches them and sniffs. This morning we lost one of our new babies and when I walked in she was sitting their whining, guess she knew. She also was best buddies with our bunny before she broke her back and we had to put them down. They would even eat our of the same food dish together!

Sid (not) Vicious
lol.png
LOL!! Thats great!

THANK YOU!! We love him!

He was already named when we got him at 1 1/2 years old (off Craig's List of all places, for only $50!!!) But I like to think of his full name as Sid Vicious. He is absolutely the best dog ever and I can't believe someone didn't want him!

53549_dsc00655.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Poop-zu OMG, I fell out of my chair laughing!!
What were you tryin to type, maybe try just changing the first letter or something, so not recognizable, but maybe we could figure it out?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom