Chickens and dogs pics!

Boy, I've never seen a Lab that color - that's really beautiful. I see nicer photos of dogs(and their stories) on the BYV forum,than I ever did subscribing to dog magazines. And better yet, this is free.

That's the truth, I don't have chickens - can't have them here except for my stuffed chicken avatar. I do have new godchicken, my friend Arline just added a black frizzle pullet, so now I have 5 godchickens.Because she doesn't have a computer, I ended up joining here. I was doing breed/breeder research for her and loved the people and their comments. Sometimes I'm up till 3 or 4 am reading the posts and surprised by how many others are still up at that hour.It goes beyond addiction.

73781_100_2166.jpg

Aurora is half Husky with some Border Collie in her. When the chickens first arrived she was in full blown husky mode. I thought the dog/chicken Universes would collide if given the opportunty. She has since evolved into a good protector as she allows the chickens to wander about as she sniffs, rolls, and occasionally eats their poop like treats. Small sacrifice I suppose for her cooperation. No worries now as they all free range together without my supervision.

Quote:
I'm just going to try and see if it works if you put the 'h' in there, as in shih tzu. Either way, I like 'poop zu' better
big_smile.png

Edited to say these pics of the dogs and the chickens are great!

Last edited:
I love these pics of everybody's dogs! Here's Patsy; she and the chickens have a mutual admiration for each other.

As much as I love how my animals all get along, I just want to remind everybody that dogs, no matter how gentle, are still a predator to a chicken so just be careful. You just never know so supervision is always the best idea...

55921_rest2.jpg

55921_moma.jpg

I love seeing pictures of dogs with their chickens.
I'm unable to post a pic but I have some on my profile page.
My German Shepherd / Lab cross is a great protecter, and the chickens seem to even gravitate toward her. We let the chicks roost on her back in the evenings; creating that bond. Thanks to the dog keeping predators out of the yard... these are happy birds
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom