Chickens are suddenly very very calm

We are on the east end of Long Island and nothing is open really this time of the year. Some of the them seem to be bouncing back and being their usual skittish self. Two have become very very lethargic. Our first time with chickens and we are learning on the fly and have no prior knowledge about them at all. It sucks watching them like this. :hit

Hi @jimfromliny
How are your pullets today?
Do you have a vet - check with them to see if they have a Coccidiostat (Amprolium) or sometimes they be able to prescribe a suitable Sulfa drug that can be used to treat certain strains of Coccidiosis.

Do you have a pidgeon supply store nearby?

Most of them have more oomph it seems. Four of them are walking around and making noises which has not occurred in a couple of days. Only one of them really seems to have not had any improvement, not counting the one that died. I just got a hold of some Corid 9.6% oral solution and trying to figure out how much to give them in their water. Seems 1/2 tablespoon for 16 ounces is the recommended treatment.

How long does the Corid take to have an effect? It seems like it has a flavor to it. We put a 16 oz bottle with the Corid in it and it was 90% empty 20 minutes later.

Maybe they fought it off on their own or something, but they all seem to be back to normal. I don't see it as 8 survived, just that one died. When I went to bury her, there was fresh blood from under her wing. We start giving them the apple cider vinegar yesterday, too.

Back
Top Bottom