Chickens & Bunnies

High Mountain Chic

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
Leadville Colorado
Not sure if anyone out there has advice for me but I thought I would ask.
I am getting my new chicks in March! I am so excited! I am building a large enclosed run around their coop so that they can roam and enjoy the lovely colorado weather. I am also getting 2 angora bunnies this summer! They will of course have their own hutch. My question is... when the bunnies need time to roam can they do so with my chickens in their run? I am wondering if there are any health concerns i should know about. I want all my animals to have plenty of fresh air and outdoor time and the chicken run is turning out so nice. It would be great to use it for both. But I will admit to being a beginner in these areas so any help would be great! Thanks

I have housed bunnies and chickens and ducks together before. The bunnies slept in the bottom of the coop with the ducks. I never had any issues. Even when mama duck was sitting on a nest of eggs the bunnies quickly learned not to mess with her!!

I did make sure the bunnies couldn't reach the chicken's food. I didn't know if the extra calcium would hurt them or not.

Back
Top Bottom