Chickens have favus?

Sagey_7878

Songster
Sep 1, 2017
Australia
Hello everyone! One of my old isa brown hens has a respiratory issue (some discharge out of nostrils) and I have ordered vetrx which is arriving tomorrow. Today I noticed this (white spots on comb) I asked some other people and they said it’s Favus, what do you guys think? What do I buy to treat it? Any recommendations? Thanks
3C650B3F-470F-4551-A952-E97F2148B7FB.jpeg

0634A495-E65B-44FC-8BD3-3372F7DEC277.jpeg

I am not convinced that you are seeing favus, a fungal infection. It might be dry skin, which can be common, especially during times of molting or in cold weather. But the clotrimazole would not be harmful to apply daily in case is it the early stages of favus. Miconazole (Monistat) cream is another common antifungal cream that is used to treat favus. For dry skin, coconut oil may be helpful. This is a pretty bad case of favus:

upload_2019-9-1_8-8-31.jpeg

I am not convinced that you are seeing favus, a fungal infection. It might be dry skin, which can be common, especially during times of molting or in cold weather. But the clotrimazole would not be harmful to apply daily in case is it the early stages of favus. Miconazole (Monistat) cream is another common antifungal cream that is used to treat favus. For dry skin, coconut oil may be helpful. This is a pretty bad case of favus:

View attachment 1894639
Thank you! I think it’s the early stage of Favus, so I’ll try apply the anti fungal for a week and I’ll see if there are any changes. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom