Chickens in Knoxville, Tennessee TN

jmc_123

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 29, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I have the following that I need to find a home for:

1 Silver Laced OEG bantam rooster
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte bantam rooster (April)
1 Gold Duckwing OEG bantam rooster
2 Black Cochin bantam roosters (April)
2 Dark Cornish Game bantam hens/pullets (April)
1 Blue Cochin bantam rooster (April)
1 Red Cochin bantam rooster (April)
1 Gold Laced Cochin bantam rooster (April)
and
1 Gold Laced looking bantam rooster without feathers on his feet and a different comb. Someone may know what it is but I ran out of energy searching the www. (April)
$5 Each

1 White Crested Black Polish rooster
$10

Here are some pics.

OEGGDW.jpg

OEGSL.jpg

TheGang2.jpg

TheGang.jpg

SLWyandotte.jpg

polish.jpg

Polishandthegang.jpg

Greatcolors.jpg

Blueandothers.jpg

Blue.jpg

BlackblueandGL.jpg

BCGH.jpg

4 Buff Silkies, 1 Frizzle Cochin Bantam, 1 Golden Sebright, 2 New Hampshire Bantams, 2 OEG Mille Fleur Bantams, 2 Black Tail White Japanese Bantams, 3 White Leghorn Bantam, 1 OEG Red Pyle Bantam, 2 OEG Ginger Red Bantams, 2 Gold Laced Cochins, 1 Blue Cochin, 5 Dominique Bantams, 1 Plymouth Rock Bantam, 1 Columbian Wyandotte Bantam, 2 Silkie/Wyandotte Mix, 1 Black Silkie plus three kids, the wife, 3 cats, and the neighbors annoying dog...

Last edited:
I have completed the editing on my first post with new pics, which chickens I still have and when they were hatched if I know for sure.

I will also trade for a Cochin or Wyandotte hen. Or maybe something else for one of my roosters. They get kind of lonely on those long, cold winter nights.

Also, how long are eggs good for after they are laid. (For hatching purposes.)

Last edited:
Eggs can be kept for around 7 days if kept at around 55 degree's. Would you be interested in trading for some Lemon blue oeg bantams or a pair of belguin quail bantams?
I might be interested in the blue and black cochins and any bantam Dominiques you would have later.

I am interested in both the Lemon Blues and the Belgian Quail. Do you have any hens in those?

On the Dominiques, I have two unsexed chickens that I hatched this year but they are solid black. I read a book about it that said something about the female having the gene for an all black and they would more than likely be pullets and the offspring could be black or the typical black and white.

Oh, BTW, I will have (hopefully) some blue laced red wyandotte bantams in the spring. I got a SQ trio in Ohio.

If you come across any Serama girlies, I need some. A hawk got one of the boys I got from you, but I still have the darker one and he needs some girls all his own. I'm still thinking of crossing him with my black tail buff japanese. I don't care what their class is.

I may take some of the cochin bantams, but I have to make sure I'm going to have room to seperate everyone.

Lauries silkies are doing great, btw.

Well, hello again CritterCountry,
I'm glad to know the Silkies are fine. I still have my four Buff and have a black roo and picking up a hen tomorrow.
I had a couple of pure Ameracaunas, Barred Rocks, Black Giants and Buff Orpingtons but I sold them the day after I bought them. And I am supposed to go and pick up what I believe may be 10-20 Hamburgs or Hamburg crosses. I am not quite sure yet.
On your Blue Cochins, are they Standard or bantams? You had told me but I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom