chickens in the snow...(Story with PICS!)

paganfish

Songster
12 Years
Sep 15, 2007
Fleming, Colorado
Well, today the weather decided to give us a break! The chickens were ever too happy to be out and free in their yard.

snow1.jpg

However, they dared not go onto that white stuff...

snow4.jpg

...they all walked single file within the paths shoveled JUST for them!

snow6.jpg

The roosters started to fight each other. Silly boys...they think it's Spring! Wait until tonight when they freeze their little toushes...

Randy2.jpg

Pavarotti (the new cockrel) was behaved today. He even tried to mount a few of the girls and crowed to his heart's content...

Pavarotti2.jpg

Alas, though the temperature is NOW a frighteningly 17 degrees from what was a pleasant 35 earlier today, all in all...it was a good day.
big_smile.png

Peace-

Pedro

PS Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Thanks! I hated to see the snow melting but, I know they loved it. The roos would start a fight and one would get chased to the snow and the hens would just crane their necks...looking at the errant roo. A few would venture out and hop-hoppity-hop right back to the dirt path! LOL! I felt bad for the roo though...eventually, the other (menacing) roo would walk off and the snow roo would jump back on the dirt path.

Boys will be boys!

I hear that, though we're getting some snow this Weds/Thurs, it is going to be quite pleasant the next couple of days. Yay!

Peace-

Pedro

Quote:
OH that! I didn't notice that. It's the door that leads to the BIG barn next door. We hardly ever use it. It's usually blocked off. I am thinking of painting the coops that color...what you think?

Peace-

Pedro

Quote:
OH that! I didn't notice that. It's the door that leads to the BIG barn next door. We hardly ever use it. It's usually blocked off. I am thinking of painting the coops that color...what you think?

Peace-

Pedro

My vote is yes. My first coop was bright spring green with a floor painted that color blue!

Back
Top Bottom