Chickens keep dying

clcfz6

Hatching
May 13, 2020
I'm having a problem losing chickens lately and quickly. It started off with a buff orphington hen acting lethargic and dying overnight. Then silkie cockerel not lifting his head up and backing up until he ran into something and laid down. Treated with nutridrench and selenium paste but would not eat or drink and died after a couple days. Next another silkie cockerel would sit and eat and drink little. Seemed like it couldn't make contact with food well when it tried. Wouldn't stand. Treated similarly. Died after 2 days. Tried to force feed and water both. Then an Ameraucana cockerel seemingly died overnight in coop. Now I have a silkie hen and a silkie cockerel having issues. One laying not eating or drinking and the other stands and tries to eat by has issues making contact with food. All chickens have been treated with ivermectin. Had a run in with coccidiosis a few months ago. Treating with corrid and wormer now, but not sure what to do! Any help?! I've also noticed some of my other seemingly healthy chickens are skinny. Thanks.

I'm having a problem losing chickens lately and quickly. It started off with a buff orphington hen acting lethargic and dying overnight. Then silkie cockerel not lifting his head up and backing up until he ran into something and laid down. Treated with nutridrench and selenium paste but would not eat or drink and died after a couple days. Next another silkie cockerel would sit and eat and drink little. Seemed like it couldn't make contact with food well when it tried. Wouldn't stand. Treated similarly. Died after 2 days. Tried to force feed and water both. Then an Ameraucana cockerel seemingly died overnight in coop. Now I have a silkie hen and a silkie cockerel having issues. One laying not eating or drinking and the other stands and tries to eat by has issues making contact with food. All chickens have been treated with ivermectin. Had a run in with coccidiosis a few months ago. Treating with corrid and wormer now, but not sure what to do! Any help?! I've also noticed some of my other seemingly healthy chickens are skinny. Thanks.
Sorry to read you are having so many difficulties.
What exactly are you feeding the flock?
Is their water clean?
Is there anything they may have gotten into that could contain mold or another toxin?
Can you post pictures of your sick and thin chickens?

Sorry to read you are having so many difficulties.
What exactly are you feeding the flock?
Is their water clean?
Is there anything they may have gotten into that could contain mold or another toxin?
Can you post pictures of your sick and thin chickens?
I am feeding 18% chick starter. They are 4-6 months old, no eggs yet. I change their water daily, occassionally missing a day. They are either in an enclosed run or still in a brooder in the garage, so they couldn't have gotten into anything, besides the buff orphington, she was free range. I can get pictures.

I am feeding 18% chick starter. They are 4-6 months old, no eggs yet. I change their water daily, occassionally missing a day. They are either in an enclosed run or still in a brooder in the garage, so they couldn't have gotten into anything, besides the buff orphington, she was free range. I can get pictures.
The two silkies are the ones who aren't doing well. The black hen feels like a pretty good weight, while paint isn'ttoo bad. The Ameraucana is doing well, but feeling his chest he is very skinny.

Attachments

• 20210310_080244.jpg
    20210310_080244.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210310_080308.jpg
    20210310_080308.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210310_081650.jpg
    20210310_081650.jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom