Chickens loosing weight

maggieroque456

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2021
Hi all!

I have a small coop what had four silkies and one olive egger in it. Today I found my olive egger dying in the coop… she was just over a year old, had never payed an egg yet, and had been consistently unwell since I got her. Wry neck, pasty butt, you name it… and she was just recently starting to get really thin! And now I’ve noticed one of my other silkies and getting very thin as well…. No idea is these are unrelated but does anyone have suggestions on how to help the silkie?

I’ve already been adding rooster booster/extra vitamins to there water.

Thanks!

I'm sorry for your loss. Can you check their poop for worms? Have you wormed them? what do they eat and how big is their coop?
Oh yes sorry! I have also dewormed them recently. Their coop isn’t as big as I would like but they Also free range all day in our fenced in yard.

Oh yes sorry! I have also dewormed them recently. Their coop isn’t as big as I would like but they Also free range all day in our fenced in yard.
Ok, Try feeding them a higher protein feed, like flock raiser, they might not be getting enough protein to maintain their weight. the Easter egger might have just died from something else, it happens. what did you worm them with?

Ok, Try feeding them a higher protein feed, like flock raiser, they might not be getting enough protein to maintain their weight. the Easter egger might have just died from something else, it happens. what did you worm them with?

Attachments

• AD832B8A-D51F-4B75-AED0-3F6F8079F503.jpeg
    AD832B8A-D51F-4B75-AED0-3F6F8079F503.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom