Chickens not pets?!?!

OHMYCHICKIES

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
My mom came and visited this past weekend and my daughter wanted her to pet the chickens, and can you believe she said that chickens are not pets, so they shouldn't be petted??!?
duc.gif

Hey! I'm not going to say something bad about your mom!
duc.gif

Some people just have a more narrow view of the world. The first time my FIL came to visit and saw my iguana, I had to listen to how they eat them in other countries. I had to listen to "iguana on a stick" jokes for days...

On the bright side, after a lifetime of only having yard dogs, he now has a spoiled house dog and I have heard that he has been seen with a little dog napping in his lap, as he watches TV in his recliner. I like to think this is in part due to my extra cute and sweet, slightly spoiled cocker spaniel. So, there is always hope for the future!
thumbsup.gif

I bet your daughter was crushed.
sad.png
Mom's can be so great, can't they?!?! NOT! I have one of those also.
roll.png

My daughter kept asking her to pet them the few days she was here. She did feel crushed that after she left, she never petted them. This is just her first aware experience of my mother
sad.png

And then the grandma's wonder why the kids don't want anything to do with them later on in life. I know EXACTLY what you're going through here. Just give that little girl a hug and tell her that her chickens are still fabulous, even if grandma doesn't think so!

Back
Top Bottom