Chickens=stupid

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by max13077, Oct 26, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

It was a downpour the whole day yesterday. I've worked hard to give the chickens a nice dry, draft-free home. Where were they the entire day? "Let's go play in the mud!!"

I went out this morning and they were still wet! [​IMG]

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    You never did that as a kid??? [​IMG]

3. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, not quite to the extent they did!!![​IMG] I had one BO that looked more like a RIR she had some much mud all over her. She got her first bath. Not her favorite thing![​IMG]

4. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Yes been there, done that..... I started out with White leghorns one day and in the afternoon they were Brown leghorns [​IMG]

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Chickens aren't the sharpest tool in the shed at times. I was told by a man who's raised them for 40 years that you make them shelters just so they have the option of getting out of the rain, not because they'll actually use it. [​IMG]

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Mine look at rainy days as a hunting trip....for worms!! [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Mine go out if it's not raining hard other wise they head for the run and on to their ladder, which is covered or into the coop.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Rain=bug fest feeding frenzy. Either they will or they won't get out of the rain. Chickens is chickens as chickens are.

9. ROC4K

ROC4K Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Nature calls us all....[​IMG]

10. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oh my gosh... that is SOOOO my hens... they give me an ulcer... I keep thinking they are going to catch their death of something! But they love it... I just try not to look anymore!
    [​IMG]

BAWK BAWK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by