Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh! Take some pics. I hope the long legged one turns out to be a modern! Is it black by any chance? If so then it probably is! I am looking for a few blue modern pullets or hens if you come across any. I hae a blue roo and need some ladies for him. Also a few splash girls.

i tried to take pics yesterday but my camara is crappy looking.
are you willing to sell them, i have someone who want to come today and look at chicks?

:c
Quote:
clap.gif
Awesome

Quote:
Glad to hear he is better. Poor Guy!! We have all been told you shouldn't heat the coops, but you know some of these breeds just are not made for this climate, plus some breeders have years of time and money invested in their birds, with us (Sarah), they are just plain buddies you don't wish to lose. If the power goes out have a back up plan
smile.png
They have generators, if one can afford it, we haven't got one as of yet
smile.png
We don't heat the main barn area but do have heat lamps in there for the young birds, the barn is insulated and pretty much draft free so it stays pretty good. Sarah's best stuff and the pets, I must say get brought into the spare room for the winter. All of her tiny fancy pigeon breeds are in the caged bird room, so they are heated too
smile.png
Next year with the new coop there will be a better heat source and get them out of the spare room for the winter.

Quote:
Glad to hear he is better. Poor Guy!! We have all been told you shouldn't heat the coops, but you know some of these breeds just are not made for this climate, plus some breeders have years of time and money invested in their birds, with us (Sarah), they are just plain buddies you don't wish to lose. If the power goes out have a back up plan
smile.png
They have generators, if one can afford it, we haven't got one as of yet
smile.png
We don't heat the main barn area but do have heat lamps in there for the young birds, the barn is insulated and pretty much draft free so it stays pretty good. Sarah's best stuff and the pets, I must say get brought into the spare room for the winter. All of her tiny fancy pigeon breeds are in the caged bird room, so they are heated too
smile.png
Next year with the new coop there will be a better heat source and get them out of the spare room for the winter.

Thank you
Yea we decided not put heat, he insulated one of the barns, and is putting about 8 more smaller coops to bring in my breeders shoowers away from drafts.
and we will put up a couple heat lights and thats it.

Quote:
Oh! Take some pics. I hope the long legged one turns out to be a modern! Is it black by any chance? If so then it probably is! I am looking for a few blue modern pullets or hens if you come across any. I hae a blue roo and need some ladies for him. Also a few splash girls.

are you willing to sell them, i have someone who want to come today and look at chicks?

Yes, we can split. If you think the long legged one could be a modern, then hang onto that one!

Quote:

Yes, we can split. If you think the long legged one could be a modern, then hang onto that one!

Okey dokey, I will go through them again today, the guy did not come yesterday he might come today.

Hi everyone
Long time no see, I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice Thanksgiving. Anyone interested in 25 or more free pure breed standard Roosters? All differant breeds, or do you know how to get in contact with the Rooster fairy? All from this years spring and summer hatchings. I'm trying to help someone place them, their not mine.

Quote:

Okey dokey, I will go through them again today, the guy did not come yesterday he might come today.

OK, thats cool! Do you think the longer legged one is a modern?

Well, this morning as I was getting ready for work, I hear a bang outside my house and then a noise like a seagull. My son yelled to me asking if I heard it and I ran and looked out the window to the front of my property thinking it was an accident of some kind but did not see anything. I continued getting ready for work and noticed my dog on the sofa chair by the window craning her neck to look down next to the front step so I looked out the window and directly next to the steps at the foundation of the house, sure enough there was another darn hawk, a much smaller one than the other day, feasting in my free range hen! I am sick and tired of these hawks. This one did not even bat an eyelash when my son ran out chasing after it with a broom, but flew off with the bird in claw and then dropped it halfway out of the long driveway. The larger red tail has not been back and that is why I think the smaller (coopers?) hawk came around. I really need to get the crows back so I am stopping by TSC tonight on the way home to get more cracked corn for them. I should have not discouraged them from hanging around, but now I know they were doing a great job at protecting the chickens. And for anyone wondering, I think the hawk starts with the head of the chickens, because that was picked clean along with the neck meat. I am placing a call to my friend that works at fish and game to have him answer a few questions about nuisance hawks to see if there is any other means that wont get me arrested to get rid of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom