Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
actually, i may be able to pick some up next weekend if you are available.

i that the holiday weekend? If not then yep

this coming weekend is not a holiday, that would be the weekend of the 28th-30th that is Memorial Day weekend. i'm trying to combine a trip to pick up some pullets with going to see my sister and trying to get to a store that is no longer open in my area. i thought i would try and swing by to get some of that spray too! !>

for Abbey
sweetie pie
sweetiepie002.jpg

sweetiepie001.jpg

Last edited:
like i said either way is fine with me, but she is really so sweet.
the other thing is she needs a bath so i will do that before she leaves, she has these dred locks from getting her top hat wet. also she has been npip tested

Last edited:
Well I caved and bought a sparrow trap. I am over run and they are eating me out of house and home. Plus there poop is everywhere...its wicked disgusting.

Quote:
I am having that same problem with a lot of different birds. What do you do with them after you catch them?

Humanely euthanize. Hoping I don't have to do it too many times before there relatives get the picture. But they pooping all over the horses, everywhere you touch...poop. Its just too overwhelming.

Quote:
I am having that same problem with a lot of different birds. What do you do with them after you catch them?

Humanely euthanize. Hoping I don't have to do it too many times before there relatives get the picture. But they pooping all over the horses, everywhere you touch...poop. Its just too overwhelming.

Yes and they carry lice, mites and other illness. The tester told me they also can give the birds coryza, great! I would love to catch them but I could not eithanize them, I would have to see what the options for that would be. I hate the thought of drownding anything.

What age does a bird have to be to show? I have a couple I would like to show but They were too young to have tested (not 5 months at the time the tester was here).

Quote:

Yes and they carry lice, mites and other illness. The tester told me they also can give the birds coryza, great! I would love to catch them but I could not eithanize them, I would have to see what the options for that would be. I hate the thought of drownding anything.

Get a few good hunting cats ladies! I have two great hunters and then tend to keep it under control! The wild birds also spread Mareks.

Quote:
I don't know the age but, I was always under the assumption in 4-H you wanted to wait till they were closer to full size and fully feathered. I guess it would depend on the breed. I'm bringing a cockrel that was born in October 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom