Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I’m sorry man.
I love my dog but good GOD I wish we had waited for a good breeder
I mean ngl my parents have no idea how to recognize a good breeder, we probably would have ended up with a dog from that pet breeder with ugly (but healthy) 'english creams'
but still
He's the first titled dog in like 8 generations *sigh*

I will say that he has a good head on his shoulders, and I think that I can get somewhere with him in rally, scent work, and trick dog, as well as getting his CGC, but I have to untrain a lot of behaviors first

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that I sassed you @NatJ , you were totally right about all of this

Funny thing, I've been thinking that Finn is a LOT better than what I feared, considering where your parents were buying him from :lol:

I have been noticing things you say, and especially things you have NOT said (at least on this site in the threads I've been reading).

--You did not complain about Finn being hard to housebreak. So he probably was raised in clean conditions, not having to sit in his own droppings.

--Finn liked people from the beginning, so he was socialized at least enough to recognize people as nice.

--You have not complained about Finn having any health problems that you would need to address.

--You have not complained about Finn having a bad temperatment (scared of everything, aggressive, or anything like that.)

--You have not complained about Finn being untrainable, or even difficult to train.

And he does look like a Golden Retriever. Maybe he's not a show-quality one, but he at least has enough features of the breed to be recognized.

So for a pet-quality Golden Retriever, I think you actually do have a pretty good dog!

(I still have a problem with the fact that the site acts as a middleman, so you don't have direct contact with the breeder until after you have already bought the puppy. Just being able to call them and go visit would make it much easier to screen out the worst "breeders.")

Last edited:
Funny thing, I've been thinking that Finn is a LOT better than I what I feared, considering where your parents were buying him from :lol:

I have been noticing things you say, and especially things you have NOT said (at least on this site in the threads I've been reading).

--You did not complain about Finn being hard to housebreak. So he probably was raised in clean conditions, not having to sit in his own droppings.
Accurate!
--Finn liked people from the beginning, so he was socialized at least enough to recognize people as nice.
Also accurate- he likes people too much, now (one of the things that I need to un train)
--You have not complained about Finn having any health problems that you would need to address.
Nope, no issues
--You have not complained about Finn having a bad temperatment (scared of everything, aggressive, or anything like that.)
He's pretty stable- he's in a fear period right now but from what I understand, that is normal for puppies, and he's been fine otherwise.
--You have not complained about Finn being untrainable, or even difficult to train.
Definitely not!
And he does look like a Golden Retriever. Maybe he's not a show-quality one, but he at least has enough features of the breed to be recognized.
His coat leaves a lot to be desired, but if you look at his head, he does look like a golden, but he has no type.
So for a pet-quality Golden Retriever, I think you actually do have a pretty good dog!
He turned out SHOCKINGLY well for where we purchased him from!
(I still have a problem with the fact that the site acts as a middleman, so you don't have direct contact with the breeder until after you have already bought the puppy. Just being able to call them and go visit would make it much easier to screen out the worst "breeders.")
I have that problem too now that my head is out of my a**- I appreciate you not getting frustrated with me.

Back
Top Bottom