Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I am asking people’s opinion on this situation, I haven’t contacted a breeder before so I am interested to see what people think is a red flag or not . If you don’t want to read it then don’t :idunno

Edited to explain better why I am still going on about the breeder
no, you’re providing a one sided argument and framing everything in a way so that people will agree with you that this breeder is bad.

people, especially younger posters, do that on this site all the time and it’s infuriating. it’s very different than asking for opinions and considering what other people say

you’ve already made your decision, there isn’t a need to keep going on about why you think they aren’t reputable.

no, you’re providing a one sided argument and framing everything in a way so that people will agree with you that this breeder is bad.

people, especially younger posters, do that on this site all the time and it’s infuriating. it’s very different than asking for opinions and considering what other people say

you’ve already made your decision, there isn’t a need to keep going on about why you think they aren’t reputable.
No this is not what I intended, I am very bad at wording things. This is the last thing I will say on the this subject because I do not want to start an argument. I don’t think these people aren’t reputable necessarily, have have never said they are bad. I respect everyone’s opinions on the subject. I have copied and pasted the question and answers so that it is not framing or one sided. And yes I have made the decision they aren’t a breeder for me. I am wondering if it is like natj says that it might be because they are still new to it all or not. you seem to be automatically presuming that I want to say they are horrible and start an argument. I am sorry this all sounds like I am trying to frame them as bad because I would really like to be able do discuss this with people who have a different opinion and have been in the doggie world longer then I have

Am I overreacting or does this sound like they don’t think we know anything?
It looks to me like they really mean, "there is no good short answer, so we need to discuss this in person."

They probably think they have more experience with Samoyed puppies than you do (if they've raised at least one, and you've raised none, then they are right about having more breed-specific puppy experience.)

They probably hear from more people who do not know how to raise a puppy, than people who do-- so that will affect what they think about your answers. The very same words can mean different things, depending on how much knowledge is on each side (and how much knowledge each side assumes the other one has.)

If you did want to go with this breeder, I think a long in-person conversation (or prehaps a long video conversation) would help sort out a lot of this. Either you and they would reach a good working agreement, or you and they would be more sure about not being a good match.

Since you do not want to go with this breeder, there is no need to figure it out in more detail. You already seem to have enough information to make your decision.

I know not all of our answers are perfect
There may not be a perfect answer. That kind of question is probably meant to learn things about how you relate to dogs, rather than having a specific right answer. And their responses could be read as "you're wrong, do it this way instead." Or their responses could be read as "yes, that can work some of the time, but in some other cases you should try this thing you didn't mention." I can easily read it either way, and I have no idea which way they meant it.

If it was worded differently I would not have a problem with a lot of the replies.
I see two of your posts within the past few hours saying that you must not have worded things right, because people were not understanding what you meant. The person who made that list of questions and responded to your answers might have the very same problem: they know what they mean to say, but their choice of words did not really make it clear to you.

Also what they said about raw

“We would actually advise against raw feeding and recommend a complete food containing grain. This is in line with veterinary advice, our own observations of raw-fed Samoyeds and their health. and increasing reports of dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs fed grain-free foods. Happy to discuss in more detail.”
I am NOT going into who is right about raw feeding, but at least they do give their reasons: veterinary advice, personal observations, and reports about the matter. And they do offer to discuss it in more detail, rather than giving a flat "no." So again, if you wanted to work with them, they have given you a good starting point for further conversation.

Since you have decided not to go with this breeder, there is no need for further conversation with them, so you will never know what they actually thought or meant. (Not a problem, just an observation.)

Last edited:
I am going for purebred because from all my research mixed breed doesn’t mean healthier, they can inherit bad traits and health from what every they are mixed with, a good breeder breeding for health has a higher chance of being healthy then a mixed breed. I do like rescuing if I didn’t want this dog for specific things I would get a rescue, my current dog is a rescue and turns out she is probably purebred from a bad breeder, she has problems with her knees which is apparently a health problem in Pomeranians
I disagree, but that’s ok.

Back
Top Bottom