Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

😂 just read the whole thing
I have- IMO a dog should not be growling unprompted when someone unknown approaches, especially a service dog working PA. I personally also wouldn't want to repeatedly put my dog in a situation where he was clearly stressed out, because I think that it's unfair to the dog.

I have- IMO a dog should not be growling unprompted when someone unknown approaches, especially a service dog working PA. I personally also wouldn't want to repeatedly put my dog in a situation where he was clearly stressed out, because I think that it's unfair to the dog.
Amen. And I would also like to add- It should take far longer than 6 months to train a service dog. Which is what you implied.

Yes I know what you mean. I have always thought of him first and I talked to one of my friends who trains them. My dig is not under any stress, he is within guidelines as he should be and is no danger to anyone. turns out he was in the military, maybe that’s also his issue

Yes I know what you mean. I have always thought of him first and I talked to one of my friends who trains them. My dig is not under any stress, he is within guidelines as he should be and is no danger to anyone. turns out he was in the military, maybe that’s also his issue
If your dog is growling, he is stressed out. Same with panting (not after hard work, just panting), drooling, whale eye, or barking.

He was also previously in training, it was 6 months with me but he had training before that

Back
Top Bottom