chickie cocktail gender guesses and breed

Due to these two, I'm thinking that Shyguy is also a cockerel.

You have to blow it up and zoom in to see.

It's weird because he was the first to feather out (which typically means pullet)! But from my understanding, three rows means a boy, and one row means a girl!
Now what am I gonna do...I can't really CHOOSE just one! It's like asking to choose which child you want to keep! They both have their qualities that I just adore. Praying for a positive outcome. It's all I can do at the moment.

It's weird because he was the first to feather out (which typically means pullet)! But from my understanding, three rows means a boy, and one row means a girl!
Now what am I gonna do...I can't really CHOOSE just one! It's like asking to choose which child you want to keep! They both have their qualities that I just adore. Praying for a positive outcome. It's all I can do at the moment.

Fast feathering does not always mean a girl, some chickens in the same breed will feather out fast and slow and they are girls. I have looked at the fast feathering as a clue but do not weigh very heavily on it.

The three rows showing early are boys, girls have 3 rows also but very small so you only see the one for a long time on them..

Here's Lemon. A little over 6 weeks old now.
It's hard to get good pictures of them now.
She's turning a really weird color, the flash washes out the blue in the "center" of the feather.
Any speculation on that?

Here's Turkey (previously known as shyguy)

And I'm going to continue my quest to get some good pictures of Cheeky. He is twice as big as Turkey, the definite cockerel.

Turkey I believe is a roo (so does the vet) he has a big pink comb and a lot of red coming in on his shoulders/neck.
He's also getting iridescent green/blue tail feathers.

We had to euthanize cheeky due to surgical complications.
I'm trying not to be too sad about it, I sure do miss him though.

Here are Turkey, Lemon and Kirby sun bathing today.

And here is turkey and Lemon. They are SO hard to photograph, and the older hey are, the harder it gets!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom