chicks dying fast dont know what to do !

yosrii

Hatching
Jun 15, 2023
hi last two days i had two of my little chicks doing like this clip just looking weak and mostly just standing eyes closed and gasping like this like there is something stuck in their throat both of them died i gave this one some yogurt and olive oil i forced him to eat some and i massage his throat from time to time, but he only like to eat normal chicks grains but it makes it worse when he eats them. he is looking weaker every day and more sick . does anyone know what is this disease called ? and what can i do to heal this little one and prevent others from getting it.

Last edited:
try feeding them some egg yolk. the protein will do them some good and water with sugar. the only time ive seen this is in failure to thrive chicks so it might help. usually gasping is the start of the dying process

try feeding them some egg yolk. the protein will do them some good and water with sugar. the only time ive seen this is in failure to thrive chicks so it might help. usually gasping is the start of the dying process
i did that but it only helps for a bit and they seem to just get weaker and in 2/3 days they just choke in their spit :(

Hi there, sorry that youre havingbchicks die.
What is their diet?
How hot is their brooder?
How old are they? Where did you get them?
hi they are my grandmas chiks they mostly eat crushed corn and she is giving them some wheat too recently idk how hot is their brooder but a chicken adopted them after their mother left them alone and she is keeping them warm. they are about 6-7 weeks. old my grandma collected eggs and from her other chickens and a hen layed on them for 21 days.

hi they are my grandmas chiks they mostly eat crushed corn and she is giving them some wheat too recently idk how hot is their brooder but a chicken adopted them after their mother left them alone and she is keeping them warm. they are about 6-7 weeks. old my grandma collected eggs and from her other chickens and a hen layed on them for 21 days.
They're starving. The corn and wheat are too big for them to swallow so it's stuck in their crops and they're not getting any in their stomach. They need chick feed if possible. I'm not sure if there's anyway to help them.

They're starving. The corn and wheat are too big for them to swallow so it's stuck in their crops and they're not getting any in their stomach. They need chick feed if possible. I'm not sure if there's anyway to help them.
unfortunately they hatched in a bad time we searched and could not find chick food till very recently . i hope you are right ant it's just food stuck not some tricky disease.

Back
Top Bottom