chicks eating their bedding?

i do see a difference this is what the lady at the feed store recommended. maybe they gave me the wrong stuff. it is 20 cubic feet.. it is a huge bail, bigger than a bail of hay. it barly fit in my friends car lol. it cost me like $8 i can't take it back since i already used most of it in my main coop and run outside aswell as kept some for the brooder

The fine stuff is great for moisture absorbance -- probably what they were thinking when recommending it. You'd probably use it eventually in the coop if you replaced it now.

The fine stuff is great for moisture absorbance -- probably what they were thinking when recommending it. You'd probably use it eventually in the coop if you replaced it now.

yea i'm going to change it asap. just got paid so i can afford it. just hate buying more and more stuff every week i buy new stuff for the chicks lol just build their next brooder its 8x8ft atm they in a 2x2x1 brooder, then i got a 5x5ft brooder cage then just built an 8x8ft cage next to my coop and run so i can slowly introduce them to my other hen.
its getting pricy lmao

I don't know what breed she is. the lady at the feed store said shes an easter egger but she don't look like one.
this is her at 14 days old shes got silver feet they are so odd looking. lol

EEs can look like almost anything. Hard to tell from 14 day photos due to red tint but the 1 day photo, that looks like it could be an EE.

strange chickies these are. but for 14 days old and already run to the edge of the brooder looking for me is so cute because my first flock didn't do that. they never liked humans at all after my neighbor killed some of them. he was a meth addict stealing from me at night so i got him evicted then he killed my flock.
That’s terrible. I’m so sorry for you.

EEs can look like almost anything. Hard to tell from 14 day photos due to red tint but the 1 day photo, that looks like it could be an EE.

Ill get a better shot of her and post it here. By what i see on the internet she looks more like an olive egger but who knows. also they didn't know what kind the yellow one is. shes just pure yellow with red eyes. its hard to get a good photo because they run from my camera lol

I tried to take 10 pics but she wont stand still. this is the only one where shes not a complete blurr
IMG_20200712_180322.jpg

Last edited:
Olive Eggers are slightly easier to ID only because most hatcheries use a very set combo to make them, i.e. mine is Cream Legbar & Welsummer.

LOL since I can't see the face at all for now I'll guess EE but if she ends up laying olive, then you can call her an Olive Egger. :)

Olive Eggers are slightly easier to ID only because most hatcheries use a very set combo to make them, i.e. mine is Cream Legbar & Welsummer.

LOL since I can't see the face at all for now I'll guess EE but if she ends up laying olive, then you can call her an Olive Egger. :)

i guess i can name her olive oil just to be sure.

Oh my gosh someone killed your flock? That is terrible sooo sorry. Just aweful.
About the shavings, my hens eat them a bit from time to time as well. They should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom