Chicks finally here

gentlemanfarmer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
Northwestern PA
I finallyl got some of my chicks. Two dozen of the Cornish X came, still waiting on the Buff Orpingtons, don't know what the hold up is. The Mill keeps saying the hatchery tells her that they are being shipped the next day, but it has been 2 months now. The Cornish will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and I just got them Friday.

Well you saved on feed for two weeks and those Cornish know how to put away the feed. Good luck on your orps.

They do like to eat/ I have a metal feeder with the top that has little holes for there heads, they are about 16 inches long and I am filling them twice a day.

Got tired of waiting. I was in TSC yesterday and they had 100s of chicks, so I went home with 18 Golden Comets. They are straight run so will have to wait to see what I have. If the Orps come later, that is ok too. The Comets look so tiny compared to the 2 week old Cornish X. The Cornish almost run up my arm when I am putting in the feed in the morning. They act like they are starving. I put a full one of those 16" steel feeders full in the morning and again around 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom