Chicks hatched This morning. What happened??

Girl4Chickens

Chirping
May 9, 2021
Thai morning my first chick was born a second one was born a little later I was wondering what happened here because it did not look this way this morning. Maybe just some dried up stuff not sure.

Attachments

• EA4A4D30-5BA9-4570-A9EB-92126B5F631A.jpeg
    EA4A4D30-5BA9-4570-A9EB-92126B5F631A.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 26
Can you get a clearer picture please? That looks like a wound to me rather then dried membrane. Can't really tell from the photos'.
I checked on it again and it did look like a wound. Would I just put some Neosporin on it and will it be ok it just hatched today?

You should rinse it with a sale solution, use a syringe and squirt out the wound, hopefully the saline will just roll of of her without soaking her down. She'll go back dune cheat though, so she'll dry out fast.
After that, apply a thick layer of Neosporin, make sure its Original without pain relief, thats not good for chickens.
Ok thank you I’m so worried for the little one but everything is already dried and no one is pecking at it 🤞

As long as she's eating and drinking she'll be just fine. Chickens are very resilient, you'd be surprised. ☺️
She is definitely doing both and it seemed to have scarred over and she even walked over to me. I’m so glad and she is just a miracle thank you for responding.

Probably, try wiping it off gently with warm water and a washcloth, try not to soak the chick.
Would it be ok to wait a little while or would it harm it more because one more egg is going to hatch and I don’t want to disturb. I’m all new to this lol not sure about things.

I checked on it again and it did look like a wound. Would I just put some Neosporin on it and will it be ok it just hatched today?
You should rinse it with a sale solution, use a syringe and squirt out the wound, hopefully the saline will just roll of of her without soaking her down. She'll go back dune cheat though, so she'll dry out fast.
After that, apply a thick layer of Neosporin, make sure its Original without pain relief, thats not good for chickens.

Back
Top Bottom