Chicks holding wings oddly

TaylorGlade

Over egg-sposed
Premium Feather Member
Jul 29, 2023
Florida Panhandle
We recently received 4 female Silver Bielefelders, 2 male from Greenfire Farms.

I attached a photo of one of the males holding his wings away from his sides. We noticed that all of the chicks are holding their wings like this at all times. None of our other chicks from other breeds are doing (or have ever done this). We also have four Marans about the same age in the same brooder who are not doing this. Is this something we should be concerned about?

Attachments

• PXL_20240312_141416556.jpg
    PXL_20240312_141416556.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 21
Somehow, this post was posted twice - and the other one was deleted. I'm not sure if anyone replied on the deleted post. But if they did, I didn't see it - and this one has not comments. If you posted on the other, can you please lmk what you said?

Thank you

Sometimes when chicks start to feather out, the flight feathers are first and they can look wonky. It just looks that way because all the feathers aren't there yet or aren't fully grown. Once they are more feathered out it starts to look more normal. Nothing to worry about, they will be fine. I've had some like that, once they are fully feathered you can't tell anything was weird.

Back
Top Bottom