Chicks lost in mail?

noahsark

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Im so worried, I was sent 25 freedom rangers on wed..They said theyd be here by fri..today is fri, and no more mail coming in..I live in a tiny town, but they said it didnt matter. lady at post office said priority mail can be 3 to 5 days, with no guaruntee! I hope they get here tommorow, but if they dont they will for sure be dead..Tommorow will be three days..do you think they will make it three days? How can they guaruntee 2 or 3 days when priority has no guaruntee?

How awful
hugs.gif
hope you babies are ok
fl.gif

Call your post office and find out what the hub is that feeds mail to your post office. Have them call there, and you call there, as well. Get a tracking number so you can look up the place they may have stalled out. Find out from the sender what distribution center their mail goes to from their local PO. Call them. If you are diligent, you may be able to find them- I saved a box of fuzz-butts that way!

I called the distribution p/o in the next town over..they said they get one shipment a day, and there was none back there..The next place they might be is portland..which is 8 hours from me...i just hope they are okay for this extra day..whats the longest anyone has had to wait for mail order chics, and were they okay?

Got a call from a lady in the next town over..She was called this morning at 5am to pick up her chicks..then called at 3 to pick up her chicks..guess what..the 5am chicks werent hers! I ordered 25 frredom roos, she ordered 25 laying pullets..and they all were misxed together when i got there..hopefully we cam close in distinguishing them..as i wanted an 11 week old freezer ready bird!

i'm glad to hear it all turned out okay. its nice to hear a happy ending for chicks misplaced in the mail as it never seems to end well. good luck picking out who is who.

Back
Top Bottom