Chicks @ my PO

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Katy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I just went into town to mail some eggs and as soon as I walked in the door I could hear them peeping. My friend who works in the PO said "you want to take these little guys home with you?" They've been calling the people who they're supposed to go to since 5 this morning and can't get ahold of anyone. She's left messages too, but no response. I hope they show up to get them soon.

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Oh My!!! Did you leave them a number so if they don't get the owners you could take them home? Poor babies!

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd tell her if the person doesn't reply by XX:00 I'd come get them, lol. [​IMG] But really, I dunno. That's mail directed toward one specific person. Wouldn't that be theft? I duno. (Please know that am not in any way calling you a thief, lol. No, definitely not.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

We've been friends for 30+ years so she knows how to get ahold of me if she wants/needs to. I just hope they didn't come early. Our school is on spring break right now and I hope the people didn't leave for a few days or something!!

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Did you take them home ?? I would just to be sure they were being taken care of and leave my # for the people to call you. I couldn't just leave them there! What did you do Katy?

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

No, I didn't take them home. I hope the people will get the message and come get them soon.

7. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I would have taken them and babysat them till their owner came. Poor things! I hope they'll be ok!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope they'll be ok too. I'm not sure that legally the PO could even hand them over to me. They're someone elses mail and property. Just another reason I haven't mail-ordered chicks for years.

9. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    go back and get them! Have your friend call you at the end of the day and pick them up so they don't die!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

She's not gonna leave them to die.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by