CHICKS STILL NOT HATCHED, HOW LATE CAN A HATCH BE ?? 3 DAYS LATE NOW :0(

I keep hearing chirping from my eggs but I'm not 100% sure I'm still thinking my ears are playing up I ain't enjoying this hatching experience are u Kay ?
no im not at all kel , my 3 have died
hit.gif
i new from my last hatches that something was wrong with these 3 . i decided to candle and to hold it and listen to see if i can feel or hear anything and nothing so i opened one and they were fully formed but dry and like srink wrap . i took some pics but i wouldnt show as it could upset all . i have others due from tomo to 20th so fingers crossed for them . they were so dry think thats because it was 3 days over ?? and temp was ok the whole 21 days ? just one of those things hay
idunno.gif

To float test eggs, first you inspect them thoroughly to make sure they have not pipped yet. Then if the shell is intact, you fill a glass with 100* water, wait for it to settle, and then put the egg in. If the egg rocks and moves even after it has settled in the water, it is a live chick. If the egg floats high in the water, the embryo is probably dead. If it floats low and doesn't move (about 10% or less of the shell above the water) it may still be alive. But the best sign is when they are moving around. There is a thread that explains this, I will go look for it...

mine didnt move on the egg test and floated quite high so i kind of new they were dead
sad.png
but still not 100% sure so left an extra day

Back
Top Bottom