Chicky Whicky's Adventures 2023

ChickyWhicky

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 19, 2022
Iowa, USA
Starting a new thread for 2023. Let's see what the year holds!
Starting 2023 with 34 chickens. Mixed flock of layers. We have a little bit of everything. Bard rock, australorp, wyandotte, rhode island red, comet, maran, brahma.... Probably missing a few. LOL
I think the plan for this year is to add some meaties in the spring so we can butcher & process our own meat. We just finished doubling our coop size so we should have plenty of room. We may still build a moveable coop "tractor" but Im not 100% sold on it yet. I think it would be nice as a brooder but thats about it. The birds have 2 acres to free range so no real need to fence them up.
I will try to post lots of photos here with updates as they come. Happy chickening!!

Canelo & some of the new girls
20230101_110119.jpg

One of the new girls must have been out romping around 4WD... Look at those muddy feet!
20230101_105635.jpg

Our batch of chicks came in today from Hoovers! :wee
It was my hubby's turn to choose the chicks. I wanted heritage breeds but....... :tongue He got easter eggers, saphire eggers & olive eggers. I can live with it, I do love pretty eggs. 🥰

PS
I did not want to do brooder chicks again. I wanted my mamas to raise chicks. But SOMEBODY couldnt wait..... At least I have a husband who supports my chicken life (and secretly...or not so secretly loves it), I couldnt ask for better. 🤭❤️

Fresh from the mail, all looking good.
View attachment 3379615

Have to cherish the moment while they are little tiny floofs cuz we know they grow like weeds.
View attachment 3379616

Congrats on the new chicks, they're adorable ❤️

Our batch of chicks came in today from Hoovers! :wee
It was my hubby's turn to choose the chicks. I wanted heritage breeds but....... :tongue He got easter eggers, saphire eggers & olive eggers. I can live with it, I do love pretty eggs. 🥰

PS
I did not want to do brooder chicks again. I wanted my mamas to raise chicks. But SOMEBODY couldnt wait..... At least I have a husband who supports my chicken life (and secretly...or not so secretly loves it), I couldnt ask for better. 🤭❤️

Fresh from the mail, all looking good.
20230119_082516.jpg

Have to cherish the moment while they are little tiny floofs cuz we know they grow like weeds.
20230119_084901.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom