Chicky Whicky's Adventures 2023

Kano on hawk watch
20230116_153904.jpg

Lazy cat
20230114_111307.jpg

My Brahma Mama
20230116_154107.jpg

Our batch of chicks came in today from Hoovers! :wee
It was my hubby's turn to choose the chicks. I wanted heritage breeds but....... :tongue He got easter eggers, saphire eggers & olive eggers. I can live with it, I do love pretty eggs. 🥰

PS
I did not want to do brooder chicks again. I wanted my mamas to raise chicks. But SOMEBODY couldnt wait..... At least I have a husband who supports my chicken life (and secretly...or not so secretly loves it), I couldnt ask for better. 🤭❤️

Fresh from the mail, all looking good.
20230119_082516.jpg

Have to cherish the moment while they are little tiny floofs cuz we know they grow like weeds.
20230119_084901.jpg

Last edited:
Our batch of chicks came in today from Hoovers! :wee
It was my hubby's turn to choose the chicks. I wanted heritage breeds but....... :tongue He got easter eggers, saphire eggers & olive eggers. I can live with it, I do love pretty eggs. 🥰

PS
I did not want to do brooder chicks again. I wanted my mamas to raise chicks. But SOMEBODY couldnt wait..... At least I have a husband who supports my chicken life (and secretly...or not so secretly loves it), I couldnt ask for better. 🤭❤️

Fresh from the mail, all looking good.
View attachment 3379615

Have to cherish the moment while they are little tiny floofs cuz we know they grow like weeds.
View attachment 3379616

Congrats on the new chicks, they're adorable ❤️

Its 6 a.m. and Ive been tending to a dying chick for 30 minutes now. Hubby brought her inside, she is alive but barely. I hit her with the blow dryer until I got some movement and a peep. Tried to get some water in her, but shes having a hard time swallowing. Currently laying in bed with her on my chest, wrapped up in blankets. I dont have another heat lamp available and Im sure if she goes back into the brooder she will die in this state.
Pull through little mama, you got this. 🙏

Its 6 a.m. and Ive been tending to a dying chick for 30 minutes now. Hubby brought her inside, she is alive but barely. I hit her with the blow dryer until I got some movement and a peep. Tried to get some water in her, but shes having a hard time swallowing. Currently laying in bed with her on my chest, wrapped up in blankets. I dont have another heat lamp available and Im sure if she goes back into the brooder she will die in this state.
Pull through little mama, you got this. 🙏
Aw... I'm so sorry. Hopefully she makes it🙏

The little chick did not pull through. I had her plenty warm and even chirping some. But she was really struggling to take water. Never opened eyes and couldnt stand. Neck was wonky so Im suspecting wry neck. I placed her under a heat lamp and 15 minutes later she was gone.
The other 14 babies are doing good. Fluffy & cute as little buttons! Most of the big birds still think its a little too chilly to play outside, so are lounging in the barn.

Dolly ventured outside this a.m.
20230120_094552.jpg

Gris on her way to tell me she needs snacks
20230120_094600.jpg

Big boys
20230120_094633.jpg

Ah yes, fresh water from the dirty ole' wierd bucket under the hydrant that never gets cleaned 🤷‍♀️
20230121_104529.jpg

October babies. The roo is so cool, we are planning to keep him on board as long as he behaves.
20230121_095531.jpg

I just ❤️ his colors
20230121_095548.jpg

We got hit with another string of cold days. Chickens have been hanging out inside barn. Babies moved to big brooder. Already cant wait to get them moved out to coop. 🥴

20230201_181716.jpg

20230201_180038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom