Chihuahuas: Input...UPDATE!!

Quote:
Papillons are my dream dog too. I look at pics of them a lot, read about them, they seem ideal. I've also met many Paps and they're always very calm yet social. My problem is I can't find any! On the rare occasion I have they're a couple thousand bucks. I'm not afraid to invest in a dog, but 2 grand is a bit steep for me.

Quote:
OMG, THAT is adorable. Looks like such a sweety!
love.gif

I have 2 full chihuahuas and 2 chihuahua mixes one full chihuahua is very yappy the other one not so much one of mixes is very yappy but he is part doxie also, the other mix is very quiet. I think they are afraid of small children because they are a small dog, but I think if you socialize them early you should be fine mine are all rescues so they have their own problems. The ones I have are very cuddly and love to just sit in your lap on of the full chihuahuas I have is a lover he loves to be held. Since 3 of mine are smaller then my cats they get along just fine.

Quote:
Yep! They are the best of both worlds. Everything a King Charles has to offer plus the brilliance and non shedding of a Bichon. The only problem is the price tag. Dream dog for sure. We love love love ours.

I would contact some rescues in your area. I'll bet my bottom dollar that a lap-friendly, house-broken cuddle-bunny dog is just waiting for you to call!

My sis has a Pappillon...says it's hard to break of chewing on everything.

I would never consider any type of terrier in your situation... they chew, and are very high energy.

A small spaniel or Pom are your best choices.

My Pom lays at my feet no matter where I am in the house. He likes to play with the cats, and only barks when someone knocks at the door. I must admit though, that if allowed outside without a leash, he will chase cars...and catch em at 25mph.

My RedRed came from a special needs shelter. He has a pin in his hip, so sometimes walks 3-legged. You may want to check out any No-kill shelters in your area. Sometimes they have mature animals that have been rescued from bad homes, that will settle right in with someone more sedentary.

I would check at the Animal shelter you would be surprised what types of dogs end up there. My son found his pure breed husky there. Here you can volunteer as foster home maybe that is a way to find a dog that works for you. Smaller dogs don't usually need as much exercise as a big dog. But do know that great Dane's are a mellow dog also but very big.

I detest Chihuahua dogs !

That's the only dog I like LESS than a mini-poodle!

BOTH are prone to biting AND yip-yapping. LOUSY dogs in my opinion.

IF you want a "lap-dog" get a Boxer.

Too Big, I know.....

But I am seriously disabled and also have a bad heart and lungs.

My Boxer is NO PROBLEM. I treat him with respect AND Firmness.....and he does exactly as I ask him to.
He is VERY cognizant of my disabilities and makes such adjustments as are necessary AND helps me! You would be surprised just how considerate Boxers are.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. When Boxers are young...they can be stubborn.....but it is amazing how they quickly LOSE that stubborness with some dog-treats and kindness. NEVER, EVER mistreat a Boxer...they have BETTER memories than Elephants!

Back
Top Bottom