China's going nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man enjoying sun in front of his house, and police come and take him away. There's no reason for that. He's not hurting anyone. If you don't want to be exposed to people like that don't go out. They could have told him to go back inside. That's what it's like to live in a police state.

You're being a bit selective about what you post here from that twitter feed. I looked at it...the virus is still spreading to/in other countries such as Iran, Japan and South Korea; 108 more people died over night in China, Russia is banning people traveling from China...when does responsibility from the individual come into play?

Just so you know, we do have FEMA camps set up for this purpose, all across the US. To give you a little idea, former Governor Jessie Ventura provided video about it, as well as other people providing more current videos. He gathered a small team, and they were originally going to investigate, and debunk some of the conspiracy theories. Some they could debunk, others were not just conspiracy theories.

While they do over-sensationalize it quite a bit, mentioning that our own government could turn on it's people, and annihilate the masses that opposed them. They don't mention how our country should prepare for a biological warfare attack, and how to handle the fallout from a major bio hazardous attack, yet that threat is very real too. That probably would not have upped the number of viewers, and the ratings of the show as much.

Here's where they seem to be setting one up in Indiana.

You're being a bit selective about what you post here from that twitter feed. I looked at it...the virus is still spreading to/in other countries such as Iran, Japan and South Korea; 108 more people died over night in China, Russia is banning people traveling from China...when does responsibility from the individual come into play?

I don't post that stuff because it doesn't matter how much it spreads. The flu spreads all over the world and we don't worry about that. What matters is the severity of the disease and deaths, and so far that 's not happening to a large degree in other countries. All of the deaths in those other countries, that I've read about, are the elderly and people with other health issues, just like what would happen with any other mild disease. I'm not saying it is a mild disease, but so far there isn't convincing evidence that it isn't.

I watched this. She sounds a bit unhinged. She gives few specifics on anything other than she can't buy medicine, get a shot, or go into the hospital (for medicine, a shot, or treatment) I don't pay much attention to these type videos, since there is no medicine, no treatment, no cure, no vaccine, at this time. Breaking her quarantine is senseless. All she will be doing is getting contaminated, or contaminating others.

I don't post that stuff because it doesn't matter how much it spreads. The flu spreads all over the world and we don't worry about that. What matters is the severity of the disease and deaths, and so far that 's not happening to a large degree in other countries. All of the deaths in those other countries, that I've read about, are the elderly and people with other health issues, just like what would happen with any other mild disease. I'm not saying it is a mild disease, but so far there isn't convincing evidence that it isn't.
Elderly people with health issues don't matter? I think some of those people might feel differently. Their friends and families as well. Since it's the elderly and sickly that actually die, the rest can walk about without impunity? How is that even remotely ok? What if the virus killed your elderly mother or your infant child who hasn't built an immune system yet? Would that be ok or would you be upset?

I watched this. She sounds a bit unhinged. She gives few specifics on anything other than she can't buy medicine, get a shot, or go into the hospital (for medicine, a shot, or treatment) I don't pay much attention to these type videos, since there is no medicine, no treatment, no cure, no vaccine, at this time. Breaking her quarantine is senseless. All she will be doing is getting contaminated, or contaminating others.

You might sound "unhinged" too if you were locked up in your house/apartment for weeks with little access to food/sunshine and probably fearful that you were going to die.

Hen, it's hitting, and killing young adults, and middle age adults that had no other health issues too. Not as many, but it's happening.

Do you have the data? How do you know they don't have other health issues? Over 70% of Chinese people smoke, which is huge; 5 times greater than the US. Plus Wuhan is a really polluted place. I'm certain there are lots of people there with respiratory health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom