chinese incubator

folmar25

In the Brooder
May 19, 2015
does anybody have exsperiance with one of those incubators they sell on the app alibaba its made in china the model is the 1232 the reviews are good and it looks like a good system with comouter controlled temp and humidity
HIGH-CAPACITY-egg-incubator-china-quail-egg.jpg

I don't have any experience with this particular model, but in general, I don't see anything wrong with most generic brand Chinese incubators. In my experience they usually work well. The thing is, that they are (more often than not) made with cheap and not very durable parts that can break down or malfunction. If you can fix it quickly you might still save the hatch, otherwise... better luck next time.

I'm not saying all Chinese incubators break down, in fact most work great. But still, it can sometimes feel a lot like a lottery when purchasing a new incubator.

I don't use that model, but I have a cheap Chinese incubator that holds 48 eggs (way more than I need XD) that has had successful hatches in it. I have incubated Chinese Painted Quail in it successfully with a good egg to chick ratio hatching, and it has saved my hen-brooded Silkie eggs 2 times now due to the silly hen leaving the nest to have a break when the eggs pip which causes humidity issues.
If it wasn't for that incubator, I'd probably have had much more complicated hatches with the silkie eggs. :p

The 'bator is probably 4 or 5 months old now, and in reviews it supposedly broke after 2 months, so I think I am doing good with it! Plus it came with a free ink injector, water bottle and an egg candler which wasn't mentioned on the page but were greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom