Chocolate Laced Blue?

Quote:
You may be able to achieve this look with Lavender, chocolate, and lacing genes.

Lavender does not have lacing though... that's why it's also referred to as Self Blue. So how do you figure that would work?

Last edited:
Quote:
You may be able to achieve this look with Lavender, chocolate, and lacing genes.

Lavender does not have lacing though... that's why it's also referred to as Self Blue. So how do you figure that would work?

The lavender could have lacing genes, just like blacks out of good laced blues do.

Quote:

The lavender could have lacing genes, just like blacks out of good laced blues do.

The more I learn about genetics the more confusing they become.
th.gif

Quote:
For the same reason you cant have blue laced black(or visa versa) you cannot have chocolate laced blue...that is how i understand it....makes sense

The diluted birds with blue and beige color but not be sexlink chocolate..a psudo sexlink color of it?

Quote:
For the same reason you cant have blue laced black(or visa versa) you cannot have chocolate laced blue...that is how i understand it....makes sense

The diluted birds with blue and beige color but not be sexlink chocolate..a psudo sexlink color of it?

You can have black laced blue.

Quote:

I absolutely agree, we worked on a blue laced blue for a while and when they were right they were beautifull, but the other breeding results were all over the board. You could have splash laced blue or black, splash, spalced laced in blue or black, or an apparent black, they were all over the place. So we ended the endevour and went back to a blue laced silver, and Blue laced red.

Quote:

I absolutely agree, we worked on a blue laced blue for a while and when they were right they were beautifull, but the other breeding results were all over the board. You could have splash laced blue or black, splash, spalced laced in blue or black, or an apparent black, they were all over the place. So we ended the endevour and went back to a blue laced silver, and Blue laced red.

Do you have any pictures?

Quote:

Exactly what i was thinking
big_smile.png

Also how did you get it like that?

Quote:

Exactly what i was thinking
big_smile.png

Also how did you get it like that?

I will have to search through some old files for Pics.
We started with Silver laced male over Blue hens. Then ran both an F1xF1 and Silverlaced male x F1. The F1xF1 was pullets that showed very dark blue lacing over a light blue ground color, the BC1 was for a well laced cockrell with Blue lacing. after about 5 generations we were seeing all kinds of results and only about 10% were light blue with very dark blue lacing.

Back
Top Bottom