Chocolate Wine? Hmmmmmmm.................

zippitydooda

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Ottawa, Ohio
My daughter turned 21 in November. She was given a gift of ChocoVine (chocolate wine) from Holland. My first thought was YUCK, who would ever think of such a combination?????? It's red wine and chocolate.

Well, she opened it and tried it.... she HATED it. But then, she hasn't had much experience in alcohol, so it was too strong to her. I was curious and decided to give it a try....

I AM IN LOVE with this stuff! If anyone has ever tried a white russian, it tastes almost exactly like it! She gladly handed the bottle over to me because she was thoroughly disgusted with it... and I am thoroughly thrilled!

I'm not much of a drinker, but this is some seriously delicious stuff. It isn't high in alcohol content, which is fine with me since I am kind of a light weight. But a small glass after dinner is just like having dessert!

Highly recommend this wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~Edited (added )

BTW, if anyone is thinking of buying me a Christmas gift..... hehehe !!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
We have a Booze Barn about 45 minutes away called Totally Wine and they have that stuff. We went there last week and a co-worker was asking me what I thought and I said, um, NO. Now I have to go back and broaden my horizons.

That's fun to hear. I recently bought a bottle for a friend who likes wine, for Christmas. The wine steward at the store said it was very sweet, definately not a bottle you would guzzle. Lol! I choose the chocolate wine over the eggnog wine. That looked like skim milk.

Imp

The World Market I was in yesterday was sampling the Chocovine....weird. Very sweet, and chocolaty. It was a bit too sweet for me, and the raspberry chocolate one was way over the top! I think I would have liked the chocolate one better if it was slightly less sweet. I agree with the white russian comment though. It is similar in flavor.

I saw some at World Market and just thought....uh - No Thank You! but I do enjoy Port with chocolate. I love my Old Vine Zins and Syrahs - so maybe I'll have to try a bottle.

I love chocolate wine! It makes me think of an alcoholic YooHoo. When I picked up my first bottle, it was just to try out of curiousity, and I was very unsure about whether it would be good. I'm on about my third or fourth bottle now in as many months
smile.png

If you like old vine zins and syrahs, this will not be your cup of wine. Stick with the dark chocolate and deep red wine. This stuff is very, very sweet, and to me the raspberry one tasted strongly of artificial raspberry flavor. It might be fun in some cases, but SWEET!!!

Quote:
Don't say that, it'll be banned in a week...
tongue.png
roll.png

I saw that at the store myself and thought HUH?! I'm not a big wine person, maybe a moscato, but me and red do not get along... heartburn and headache and taste is urk... but admit I did give it a second glance.

Back
Top Bottom