Choosing which of two New Hampshire cocks is closer to the SOP

Andrew10

Songster
5 Years
Jan 5, 2017
Anderson, Indiana
Hey all, fair season is coming up for me, and I cant seem to decide which cock would be the better choice to take. Both are fairly even in my mind, hoping that more experienced eyes can tell me which one is closer to the standard, thanks :)
IMG_2130.jpg
IMG_2138.jpg
IMG_2141.jpg
IMG_2153.jpg

Truly handsome birds, I don’t know why you think my skill would be better in terms of Standard interpretation than yours, but have you weighed them yet?
Personally I prefer number 2 better. His back appears to have more length and doesn’t angle abruptly into the tail, though it’s hard to tell if that’s just the way the two are standing.

Truly handsome birds, I don’t know why you think my skill would be better in terms of Standard interpretation than yours, but have you weighed them yet?
Personally I prefer number 2 better. His back appears to have more length and doesn’t angle abruptly into the tail, though it’s hard to tell if that’s just the way the two are standing.
I have not weighed them yet no, but your assessment is pretty spot on. The main differences between the two is the first one has a much stockier body, and more appropriate comb. While the second one is a bit more lanky and well balanced, but has one too many serrations on his comb for my liking, lol

Back
Top Bottom