Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

Glad to have you along for the ride. How your hatch goes well, seems a lot of people are having rough times with theirs these past few weeks. Who wouldn't want chicks for their birthday lol

Since it's looking like we will be lucky to get one chick to hatch out of this batch I put an order in for an Incuview automatic incubator today so no more picking the best 5 out of 7 again and having to manually turn two of the eggs.  The R-COM mini was awesome for hatching 3 eggs at a time but we have out grown it and yes we are addicted. 

If you are interested in a nice little R-COM mini unit, it will be on eBay shortly after Christmas :)

It is addicting, isn't it? :jumpy

I started with the 50 egg Bator from TSC, surprising I have not completly filled it on a single hatch yet. But soon :). I think I need a auto turner as well :p
IM IN! I set on the 5th. my birthday is on Christmas, as I had requested "birthday chicks" this year...haha

heres what we will be having in a few weeks....

Welcome! Glad you can join us. Good luck with your hatch :)

I am so proud of myself! I only candled three eggs once a few days ago :D But should I candle soon for duds so they don't explode? I want to at 18, but don't want 'explosions'.

Checked tonight and the two in question were just blobs. We are down to one but he/she is a VERY active little bugger. I'll check him again the day of lock-down.

Now I really can't wait for the new incubator!

Tossed 5 eggs. Three quitters, two unfertile. I hate the smell of egg
sickbyc.gif
Brings me down to 20 eggs left.

Good luck with the remaining 20!

I didn't even crack open the two tonight that I culled for fear of the smell.

I think it is like 4 days until lock down!..... And I should probably start getting my chick stuff rounded up, then cleaned, cleaned again. And figure out where I will put them if I get any to hatch. This is kinda stressful.

Back
Top Bottom