Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

I am aware, I'm still not sure it it is clean, after about everything I could do to it had been done.

Awe, the poor thing. I just read a thing on it. It looks sad, I hope that she pulls through as well, no creature should have to go through that. 

Thanks. I do hope she pulls through, I don't think I could go through with culling :(

I know how that is. I had a sweet little pullet this spring who had stopped growing, was getting injured, and stepped on. So I separated her.

Turned out that she was having seizures and had neurological damage. Sadly after suffering for awhile she died on her own because I couldn't cull her.

I know how that is. I had a sweet little pullet this spring who had stopped growing, was getting injured, and stepped on. So I separated her.

Turned out that she was having seizures and had neurological damage. Sadly after suffering for awhile she died on her own because I couldn't cull her.  

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss :(

It happens, one of the things that come with having chickens.

How are the rest of yours doing?

They are doing good :)

8am this morning started my Day 12. Finally in the single digits for the countdown. 9 days til I get my first chickies! These days need to stop dragging by :p I don't think I even care about getting Christmas presents. My greatest ones will be my 3 eggs hatched :)

8am this morning started my Day 12. Finally in the single digits for the countdown. 9 days til I get my first chickies! These days need to stop dragging by :p I don't think I even care about getting Christmas presents. My greatest ones will be my 3 eggs hatched :)

I know, I can't believe there's only 9 days left :jumpy :jumpy

Since it's looking like we will be lucky to get one chick to hatch out of this batch I put an order in for an Incuview automatic incubator today so no more picking the best 5 out of 7 again and having to manually turn two of the eggs. The R-COM mini was awesome for hatching 3 eggs at a time but we have out grown it and yes we are addicted.

If you are interested in a nice little R-COM mini unit, it will be on eBay shortly after Christmas :)

Back
Top Bottom